Monday, April 11, 2016

Follow Divine Direction From Our Father In Heaven

Hi there!

We had another great week! We saw Lake a couple of times, last week, and were able to teach him a few lessons (of course, that's what we do!)! One of them was the Law of Chastity! We, of course, teach it so that he is able to understand it and so there isn't too much information for a 9 year old... But, let me tell you, that kid is so awesome! I am so grateful for the Law of Chastity and that the Lord has given us boundaries, to keep us and our future families out of the world. The Spirit was so strong, as we taught it. Man guys, teaching by the Spirit! It's so good! 


Lake and his Mom

This week, we  have multi-zones! Woo! A few missionaries, in our zone, are singing "Savior, Redeemer of My Soul," and I am singing first soprano! Ah, it's going to be great! I just hope the Spirit is there! 

Oh! I just remembered a really cool experience! So, Thursday, I went to MLC (Missionary Leadership Council). While at MLC, they trained a lot on promptings from the Holy Ghost and how important it is to follow those promptings. The AP's shared several experiences, where they didn't follow the Spirit the first prompting, but followed it later, and they ended up needing to be there and being an instrument in the Lord's hands. 

We've been asked to try members in the evening and share a short and powerful lesson with them, but, Thursday night, we couldn't think of anyone else to go visit (the first member we tried wasn't home). Our plans, for 8:00, were to go contact a referral that lived nearby. I was kind of hesitant to go and try him, but, we went anyway! When we got there, the lights were on inside (I thought to myself, "Score, he's awake"), so, I wasn't as nervous to go try him. As we walked up to the door, we could hear him talking to someone on the phone, kind of loudly. He was in a different room. We knocked twice, and I knew that he was awake, so, I went ahead and rang the doorbell. He yelled from the other room, "Who is it??" I said as loudly and happily as I could (trying not to sound nervous), "The missionaries!!" He came to the door, and his metal screen door was between us, so I couldn't really see him or his expression.  I just jumped in and told him that we were the missionaries in the neighborhood. He interrupted me and told me that he was already a Christian, that his mom had passed away, and that he didn't want or need to hear a message. He turned around and walked away, leaving us standing there. We went back to our car, and, as I looked back at the door, I realized that we hadn't even been able to invite him! Then, I heard my own conscience, the Spirit, tell me to go back. At first, I was like, "Eh... Is that the Spirit??" I asked Sister Bedingfield, if we should go back, and she said, "No," that he wouldn't be receptive. But, I could not get it out of my mind, and I knew that we needed to go back. So, I built up my courage and prayed for strength! I knocked a couple of times, at first quietly. He didn't come to the door, so, I pulled out a Plan of Salvation pamphlet and began writing on it, as he came around the corner. He was a little startled that we were still standing there. I told him I felt that I should come back to talk to him. We ended up sharing the video with him, telling him that the messages we share will bring him closer to Christ, AND answer his questions and bring him comfort. He said that we could come back, too! 

Follow the promptings from the Spirit, no matter how scary or weird they may look to the world, do it. The Lord needs us to be instruments in his hands. The Spirit will be there to lift you and give you courage, as you act on those promptings. 

Love,
Sister Cozzens
 

Maren (a girl from the ward) and Sister 
Cozzens decided to dress alike for church.
"Maren is the best!"


The Sisters decided to go tracting, when it
was raining super hard


No comments:

Post a Comment