Monday, July 11, 2016

BAPTISM!!!!!!!

Why, hello there!

So my fourth of July was AWESOME. We have the best zone ever. We all made our own pies as companionships, and we had to test them all out! Whoever won, idk who the winner was, but we got to eat pie. We also played humans vs. zombies (church walking dead version) Monday night. It was the greatest! The humans had Nerf guns, and the zombies chased the humans around the church, don't worry, the chapel and baptismal font were off limits. Not sure how obedient it was, but we had lots of fun. :) 

Making pie and improvising for an apron


The zone eating pies...


Sister Cozzens with Sister Garlitz (previous 
companion)


We had found lots of solid potentials on Friday and Saturday last week, and we were so excited to go see them, yesterday. Then, it turned out that no one wanted to listen to what we had to say and this one guy, Jeff, (pray for him) was trying to teach me the truth. He kept calling us to tell me what was right and that we are being deceived. So, yesterday was a rough day. Satan has been working on me and this area, and I know that it is because I am going home soon, but I refuse to budge. 

Though I got a little discouraged yesterday, I was able to GO BACK TO CANYON CREST IN RIVERSIDE AND GO TO A BAPTISM!!! Sister Garlitz and I picked up Sandra, back in December, when we were companions. She fell off the face of the earth, when Sister Bedingfield and I were companions, and after I left, she showed up to church and got baptized yesterday! It was a nice surprise, and I was able to teach the Restoration with my buddy, Sister Garlitz, while Sandra got ready. 


Sandra's baptism


Sandra with Sister Cozzens


I was able to bear my testimony, through lots of tears, that God has given us families, that we need Christ to be the center of our homes, that Joseph Smith is a prophet, and that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Christ lives. I know that Heavenly Father loves me and all of His children. I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that he restored Christ's church. This gospel is the only way back to our Father's presence. We have the priesthood authority needed to baptize, confirm, administer the sacrament, do work for the dead, and interpret scripture and everything else involved in the church. 

My dad apparently taught yesterday at church about conversion and the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's, (I love the Book of Mormon, it's so good) and how we need to DAILY work on our conversion. We need to grow daily, and the Lord will help us and enable us through our trials, as we submit and learn what He needs us to learn. I love this gospel. I love Jesus Christ. I love being a missionary. I love the work of the Lord and what an amazing opportunity I have been blessed with, to be an instrument in our Heavenly Father's hands. Just as Ammon boasts of our God (Alma 26:11-16), I am so grateful for our Father in Heaven. He is so good.

Well, I am a missionary! There's my testimony for you!

Love, 
Sister Cozzens



A member stuck the Sister's card on an investigator's
door on a nail


The biggest flautas of my life



"I found this fun flower thing, in a lady's
yard and snuck a picture. Hopefully she
wasn't home." :)


THE NASTIEST CREATURES BESIDES SPIDERS!
The jade beetles are NASTY....BZZZZZ. They
are huge and green.


Sisters Rodriguez and Cozzens



Sister Cozzens, Sister Moore, and Sister 
Rodriguez...YOMO (You Only Missionary
Once)

"A picture Sister Garlitz sent to me of when 
we went to the temple last transfer. She's the 
greatest."



No comments:

Post a Comment