Tuesday, January 27, 2015


January 28, 2015

California Bound!!

Hey there!!! 

I made it safely to CALI!!! It is so warm here. I hope that all of you are jealous. It is green and humid, and I am so happy that I am serving here. I am in the Eastvale First Ward! Our area touches the border of our mission. My companion is Sister Olsen and she is from Price, Utah! I already love her! She is a bit quiet, but she has a really strong testimony, and she is super cute! 

I was having a weirdish day yesterday, I just wasn't happy. But last night, President Mullen had all of the new missionaries bare their testimonies, and I was asked to say the closing prayer. I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to bare my testimony! I am grateful for my testimony! After praying and baring my testimony, I was overcome with the Spirit. I was just so happy. 

My mission president is awesome and so is my zone and district! We just had a meeting with them! I saw Sister Pope and Elder Murray! We decided that we are going to take a picture with Elder Thompson on Saturday and send it to Miss Thompson (Sarah-Jane our orchestra teacher in high school). It was so awesome to see them! A little weird, because I couldn't hug Elder Murray, but it is okay... :) Sister Pope looks so great!! She seems very happy, and she seemed to be happy about her new companion! 

I will email again on Monday! That is my p-day! I love you all!!

- Sister Cozzens

President and Sister Mullen

Letter from President Mullen:

Dear Brother & Sister Cozzens,

We are so grateful to have Sister Katelyn Cozzens join us here in the California Riverside Mission! It was exciting to meet her at the airport. I had the opportunity to interview your missionary and we were able to hear her testimony after we had dinner together. We have been impressed with her testimony and desire to serve. It has been a privilege to get to know her.

Sister Cozzens is now hard at work in her new area, the Jurupa Zone with her companion Sister Diana Olsen.

Preparation day is Monday; most missionaries choose to email their family on that day. We encourage you to write or email weekly as well. Thank you for keeping your letters positive, uplifting and encouraging your daughter to work hard and take advantage of the time spent here in doing the work of the Lord. 

As we visited with your daughter she expressed gratitude for her family and the wonderful time she had in the MTC.

We look forward to a wonderful experience together with your missionary. Thank you for preparing one worthy to serve. May God continue to bless you.

Sincerely,
John H. Mullen, President

No comments:

Post a Comment