Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Farmer's Tan


Hi everyone!
It is hot now, and I get very sweaty #missionlife. I am wearing sunscreen everyday (be proud mom!)! My farmers tan is breaking in. It's great.

You meet so many interesting people everyday. There are so many religions here (I have yet to meet a Jehovah's Witness, but I'm looking forward to it)... Muslims, Buddhists, Orthodox, Catholic, Christian. It's crazy. It's interesting to see and meet these people. We talk to them about their beliefs! It's amazing how people are comfortable with talking about it!

Some of the people we meet, we ask if they have time to hear a message about our Savior and how it can bless their lives and they say yes, right then and there. So we jump right into it! This one guy was washing his car, and we walked up to him and asked if we could share a message with him and he said sure. We taught him the restoration, and it was cool to see his reaction, because we told him that Christ's church has again been restored to the earth. We gave him a Book of Mormon, and we are hoping to see him again this weekend!

One of the members of the ward is in charge of activity days, and they asked if we could come share our testimonies and the story of why we decided to serve a mission. It was a really cool experience. The Holy Ghost teaches. I'm grateful to be here and to teach by the Holy Ghost.

I know that Christ's gospel is again on the earth today. I know that Joseph Smith was chosen by God to be a prophet and to restore his church. God is the same God today as he was back in Abraham's time. Why wouldn't we have a prophet today?

Good luck to everyone in the real world! :)

-Sister Cozzens

p.s. Something I learned from the white bible (missionary handbook). D&C 11:21 "Seek not to declare my word, but first seek to obtain my word, and then shall your tongue be loosed; then, if you desire, you shall have my Spirit and my word, yea, the power of God unto the convincing of men." See also D&C 84:85. This can go along with not only church related things, but also if you study the material first and gain knowledge by having a desire, you will be blessed to keep that knowledge for tests! For me, studying the scriptures and the other tools that I have been given are really important. I can't just expect God to give me the information, while I am teaching people. I need to study and know the material in order for God to guide me.






No comments:

Post a Comment