Wednesday, March 11, 2015

One Month Down

March 2, 2015

Hi!
I promise I am not counting down in a bad mood! I can't believe that I've already been out here for a month! It flew by, and my birthday is in 17 days! It has been cold here... like 55-60 degrees. It's been raining, and I just want to wear pants. And I'm sick with something! I don't know what it is, but my voice sounds like a boy going through puberty. Don't worry though!

I have come to love studying everyday. There is so much to learn from the resources given to us. I want to finish the Book of Mormon! Our president gave us the task to read from Acts-Revelations in the New Testament, and I am taking that challenge! I've never read the Bible, and I need to! The Bible is also the word of God. It is important too. We just focus on the BOM, because it is proof that Joseph Smith restored Christ's gospel.

My bishop is 35, and the counselors are 33 and 34 I think... but holy cow. The stake president is 34... We just have youngsters in charge down here! The bishop's wife just had her 7th child too. AND at home. I don't know what she was thinking... But good for her, I guess! Her kids are literally like little army guys. They are all under the age of 12. They sit in church, don't color or eat or talk. They sit there quietly... Maybe I'll have her write me a list of things to do to train my kids later in life.
Sacrament meeting this week was awesome. A member's son (who is 11) just started crying when he started talking about how grateful he was for his mom. It invited the Spirit into the whole chapel. I started crying even!

Our investigators don't have a desire to attend church. We literally do all that we can to get them there. And they won't stop their addictions, but I know that missionary work is also planting seeds. Alma 32:28. Go look it up!

I was having an off day this week (I think it is because I've been sick), and we went and knocked on an investigator's door and the husband answered it. He is a minister for a Christian church. He invited us in (he actually was a former investigator but wasn't keeping his commitments) and we just had a discussion about the Bible and how important it is to be following Jesus Christ. He was really cool. I felt the Spirit, as he was bearing his testimony, and it made me realize that other religions have bits and pieces of truth (just not the fullness, aka the priesthood authority), but still truth within them. It was really cool, and we are meeting again with his family tomorrow! I'm excited!

This week in DDM (district something meeting), my district leader told us (since he leaves next week) to not have any regrets at the end of our mission. The way to do that is exact obedience. This is the only time in my life, where I am set apart as a (single) missionary, and where I have been given the authority to teach people about the gospel. I need to take advantage of that while I am here.
I know that this gospel is true! I am so grateful for the gospel in my life and to have been raised in the church. My parents are such great examples of keeping the commandments, especially reading and praying daily! It keeps the spirit in your life! 3 Ne 18:12----> "my rock" or Christ's rock = His gospel. Make the gospel your foundation in your life and you will not fall.

Sorry this email is longer!! Have a great day! Always look at the positive and pray at the end of the day (and at the beginning)! And read every day!
-Sister Cozzens


Jurupa Zone at the Stake Chinese New Year


At the Mission Office for a training meeting


Sister Cozzens' District


No comments:

Post a Comment