Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Testifying at Volume!

Hey there!

You'll be happy to know (especially Carson) that I played soccer for 3 hours this morning. We played with another zone, there were 30 of us. We separated into 3 teams and switched every time someone scored a goal. It was so much fun, and I played defense! DEFENSE!!! I actually participated. Soccer is more fun than basketball (sorry dad). I will most likely be sunburned and sore tomorrow. It is okay though, it was soooo much fun.

Mike (the Catholic) came to church again!! He has finished 3 Nephi in less than two weeks.... The Book of Mormon converts people! I know that if he continues to read, he will gain a testimony! And if the Book of Mormon is true, then Christ's gospel has been restored, and it is the only true church on the earth! Sorry, that is bold, but I'm not going to lie! :) He is the only one that has come to church, but that is okay! He is so cool!

We met a family last week, and their daughters, Aubrey and Emma, really wanted to come to church and get baptized. Their mother is very hesitant, and I think that that is why they didn't come to church. She had a bad experience as she grew up with church. Their dad, however, wants his daughters to be happy. He says that "it is their choice." And that is awesome! Church is true!

We ran into an Egyptian family this Saturday, and they are Christian Orthodox?? I can't remember, something orthodox. But he asked how Christ's church has been restored, and so I told him about Joseph Smith and recited (and testified) the first vision. They live right next to a really busy street, and so I was half yelling. The first vision says: "I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me... When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other--- 'This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!'"

Just imagine, if you would for a second, how powerful those few sentences are. Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ appeared to Joseph Smith. They live. When I told them this, I could just feel the Holy Ghost come over me. I started to cry (my first time) but I kept talking. The church is true, and God wants all of his children to come to the knowledge of this. The gospel means so much to me in my life, and I am grateful to be on this earth to learn and grow. I am especially grateful to be a missionary and to testify to people about it. Though those people didn't accept the message, it is okay for now. All I can do is testify and plant seeds. One day they will hear and listen to the messages of the gospel. Have a good week and don't forget how important it is to stay close to Christ.

-Sister Cozzens

Sister Roberts




Service project! Missionaries do a lot of service...

No comments:

Post a Comment