Monday, April 6, 2015

Mucking Horse Stalls


Hey y'all!

This is week 11 of 12 of my training! Crazy!! Last week we were blessed to have a mini missionary come out with us on a mini mission! She is from Riverside and she hung out with us for a week! She taught with us and ate with us! We called her our child... Because she is 17.... It's weird. Don't ask. Her name is Sister Meza! She is so cute! We loved having her and it was fun "training" her.

We also got 3 new investigators! We have soooo many! We are being blessed! One of them, Matthew, is 12 years old. He came to ALL 4 sessions of general conference at the church. He listened and didn't do anything else! And we put him on a date for baptism! April 18th! I am excited to keep teaching him and help him progress towards his baptism!

General Conference was amazing! I would share something, but I left my notes at home... I'll try to remember to share something next week. But it was so good and fun! We went to the church and watched with the other missionaries in the Stake. I am so grateful for the general authorities. I know that the gospel has been restored. I am so grateful for the priesthood.

Yesterday, we went to an investigator's home. She has cancer and went in today to get surgery. We offered to have the elders give her a blessing, and she said yes. She was surprised that they would come over so fast and that they would be willing to give someone a blessing, who isn't a member of the church. Every soul is great in the sight of God! I am beyond grateful to be a part of this church. The elders came over and they gave her a blessing. As they started, the whole room was filled with the Spirit. I had faith that she could be healed, and she did too. Though she wasn't healed (it is also according to God's will) she was at peace. She said that she could just go to sleep which is weird, because she normally couldn't sleep. She was comforted.

I know that the priesthood has been restored. I know that Christ lives, and that he is our Savior and Redeemer. I love this gospel wholeheartedly and being a part of spreading it is amazing. I know that the Book of Mormon is proof that there is a living prophet on the earth today. I know that Thomas S. Monson is our prophet, and that he leads and guides this church. The church is true! I invite you to find this out.

I love my family. They are all such wonderful examples to me. Thanks for everything that you have done! I know that God has given me my family and that families are given to us to learn and grow together. Families can be together, forever, in Heavenly Father's plan. I always want to be with my own family, and the Lord has shown me how I can. Christ has set the example and given us everything that we need to do, to live with our families forever. It is our choice now, the choices we make, the way we react to situations, whether we keep the commandments or not, it is all our choice. I want to live with my family forever. We can't force our siblings, cousins, parents, grandparents, etc. to live the teachings of the gospel, but it is our choice, what we choose to do in this life. Love your families. They are the only thing that we can keep forever.

-Sister Cozzens
Editor's Note--Sister Cozzens and Sister Olsen (trainer) are helping their home share Momma save money by shoveling horse manure and picking up dog poop! To quote Sister Cozzens: "I'm developing another weird skill, that I don't know if it is useful or not. I live in Norco, otherwise known as Horse Town, USA. The lady we live with has two horses and three dogs and several chickens. She just fired the girl that mucks the horse stalls and picks up dog poop. Sister Olsen and I are now in charge...I'll send pictures! It is fantastic, let me tell you!"


Sister Olsen, Sister Meza (serving a week long mini-mission)



Hiking with Yvonne (recent convert) and granddaughter Ali


Mucking horse stalls

No comments:

Post a Comment