Sunday, August 9, 2015

Group Email

August 3, 2015

Hi!

So we had another slow week but, we had a few great experiences!

We've been working with a less active lady, and on Wednesday we went over there intending to teach the restoration. We ended up instead talking to her about what she needs to do to have her life improve, and she has that desire. It's very cool to see how the Lord prepares people for us to come in contact with.

I forgot to tell you about something! One of the men that we were teaching back in Eastvale, Mike (the Catholic), passed away a couple of weeks ago. It was really hard when I found out. I just started crying, because I love him so much. So I got on my knees and just pleaded with the Lord to comfort me. I know that we needed to teach Mike to prepare him for the spirit world where he will learn more. I know that if we turn to the Lord with full purpose of heart, humbling ourselves before Him, asking Him for help, He will comfort us and strengthen us through the enabling power of the Atonement. Don't be prideful. The Lord is there to help us, and we need to exercise our faith in Christ by turning to him.

I feel prompted to bare my testimony! I was able to bare it in church yesterday!

I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. Through him and only through him can we receive true happiness. We are here on the earth to prepare to meet God. He has given us tools to prepare to meet him. We need to be clean at the judgment seat. This world is crazy, and we need the gospel of Jesus Christ and a living prophet to guide us. I love The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I know that the only way for me to have gained a real testimony of the church was to serve a mission. The Lord can be with you always, and we need him with us always. Read the Book of Mormon every day. Pray always. Attend church. Keep all of the commandments. I know that by doing these things, we will have the Spirit with us always. I know that this is the only true church on the earth, and we need the priesthood to guide us. I know that the priesthood has been restored to the earth. Use the priesthood often. Take advantage of that blessing. Heavenly Father loves all of his children, and he wants all of us to come back to him. Choose to stay on the path. Make the right choices, no matter what is thrown at you, and the Lord will help you as you do your part.

I know that this church is true. I know it and love it. I needed to be thrown into the gospel to gain a testimony of it. Like Nike, just do it. I say these things, in the name of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.
-Sister Cozzens

A photo of an orange orchard. There are many
of these in Hemet.


Sister Cozzens and Roberts in a member's new car


Sister Cozzens' new apartment in Hemet




The Hemet Stake missionaries went bowling on p-day


Sister Springer piercing Sister Olsen's ears

No comments:

Post a Comment