Thursday, August 13, 2015

The Land of Hemet


Happy another week!


I hope that y'all had a great week! I had a pretty great week! Lots of fun experiences!

First of all, on Friday last week, the whole mission went to a baseball game! One of the Elders ran against the mascot, though he lost (he injured himself a little bit-represent the mission! "Just do it!") it was fun to see. It was a little weird walking up to the stadium... there were normal people all around me, but then the missionaries started showing up and that was cool to see! Go Mormons! We all sat in the same section too, so there was a big group of young adults sitting together.

One of the investigators we picked up this week, Mandy, is the daughter and sister of a couple of our members in our ward! She took the missionary lessons about a year ago, lost contact with them, and then moved to our area! She was a miracle. And she came to church with her fiancé and sat with her sister!

I went on exchanges with a sister in the mission, Sister Simpson. She is so cute and so fun and such an amazing missionary. She's been out less time than me as well! She is such a great teacher! She listens to what people say and really applies the gospel to what they have just said. I need to listen better... Ha-ha but it was fun to work with her!

Sister Roberts and I had the opportunity to teach in Gospel Principles. We taught about missionary work. I wasn't as nervous as I thought I was going to be. AND I didn't cry!

Sister Olsen and I carpooled with a couple of other STL's in Hemet to Riverside for MLC (Missionary Leadership Council) with all the zone leaders and other STL's in the mission. As well as mission president, his wife, and his assistants. The trainings that they did were great! Sister Mullen did one on the remarks of when Elder Evans came last year. Which was on missionary work (obviously). But what you are to do on a mission. One of the lines said: "Your first priority is to come to know God on your mission. He has sent you here to change. This time sets the course for the rest of your life. This mission will be your Waters of Mormon. Pray, read the Book of Mormon, clean up your life so you can feel the Spirit and be converted. Live now so you can go home a different person." I really liked that! My mission is really the path for the rest of my life! And I want to change! And I know that the only way to do that is to focus on the work, serve the Lord with all of my might, mind, and strength and wholeheartedly convert myself unto the Lord. I am excited to do that. It will be hard, really hard, but we need to develop that and become converted unto the Lord.

Have a fantastic week! Until next week! :)


-Sister Cozzens



Sister Simpson


Baseball - Seventh-inning stretch 


Baseball at the Stormin' Mormon game!


I saw Sister Sterner at the game!


We had black mold growing underneath our kitchen sink, 
and it was making our apartment reek! So sister Olsen 
decided to clean it up.... It was disgusting


A member's dog, he reminds me of Thor!


Our cute room


Crossfit

No comments:

Post a Comment