Saturday, October 31, 2015

No Sleep on Missions, But Worth It


October 25, 2015


Hi there!!

I had another great week! You have to make the best of it! There were a lot of animals involved in my life last week. Kittens, toads, dogs, and other things I think.








We went on a hike in Idyllwild today! It was so fun and really tough.. We are all out of shape. But then again, we never stick to the trails, it always happens!




Sister Cozzens with Sister Peterson, a fellow Aggie!





We had a major leak in our ceiling, hopefully it is fixed by now.


I went on two exchanges this week! I went to the Little Lake Ward on Wednesday with Sister Petersen. When we were walking and talking, there was this kid that gives out corn on the cob. But this corn on the cob is AMAZING. He puts mayo, parmesan cheese, and some kind of spicy liquid sauce-it wasn't too spicy, but it was amazing!!! I want more. He needs to come to our area more often.


Sisters Cozzens and Peterson (Sister Turner's
MTC companion)

I also went on exchanges and stayed in my area. Hermana Fabian (Spanish speaking) came down from EASTVALE. Man I miss that place... :/ But Valle Vista is where Heavenly Father needs me to be!

Our car started to freak out on Friday night (I'm not even going to describe it, because I don't know car vocab.) Let's just say it wasn't working the way it was supposed to. We brought it in to the dealership, and since I am not old enough to rent a car, an elder had to give me his car so he could get the rental, and you know what they gave him??? A 2016 Chevy Tahoe. Yeah. I wanted to drive that thing, but I wasn't able to.

It was perfect timing too! We went hiking this morning in Idyllwild, and he drove up a bunch of elders so that they could save miles. It is a nice car. #soccermomstatus.


It can be hard to be diligent. I was talking to my fellow STL companion, Hermana Rutherford, and she was telling me about integrity and showing the Lord what kind of disciple she wants to be. As a leader in the mission, it is so important to be exactly obedient, not only to be a good example to those around me, but to show the Lord that I am and want to be a disciple of Him.

OBEDIENCE. Abraham 3:25 "And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them." Turn to it. Our purpose here on earth is to show how obedient we are willing to be, and to show our Heavenly Father that we want to return to Him and receive Eternal Life.

He has given us the way, the truth, and the life. He's given us the straight and narrow path which leads to Eternal Life. He's given us the commandments. I encourage you all to follow the example of Jesus Christ, and do "all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command." We will be eternally blessed for it, and we will have that salvation that we seek! I know that the church is true. Christ lives. He is our mediator and only in and through the blood of the Lamb, can we be saved.

-Sister Cozzens



Sisters Turner and Cozzens wearing blackhead removers!! 


Sisters Cozzens with Sisters Ogden and Roberts
(they all live in the same apartment) 


Sister Turner is really good at drawing. This is a caricature 
of Sisters Turner, Cozzens, Ogden and Roberts











No comments:

Post a Comment