Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Hi :)


March 14, 2016

Hello!

Guess what today is...??? It is my 14 month mark, I feel old, when I see new missionaries. It's fine though! It just doesn't feel like it! I am super duper grateful that I have been and am able to continue to serve the Lord. MISSIONS ARE THE BEST! They are also very hard... but that is okay! Because, just because. Learning and growing. It's good stuff.

We had a slow week, our miles are shot, it's fine. Lots of biking days are in our future! We had two exchanges! I got to see Sister Roberts!! :) My sweet sweet MTC comp! She is on the other half of the mission, but I am her sister training leader, so we were able to go on exchanges and help one another out! This is what happened while we were together:

"We actually had a pretty wild experience. We had an appointment set for the evening, but when we arrived at the investigators home, they were having dinner and asked us to come back in 30 minutes, so they could finish. We decided to go contact referrals. The first house we got to was supper dark, but we tried it anyway. After waiting on the door step for a few minutes, a man who looked pretty young, but had a walker, answered the door. We didn't even get to tell him who were were and why we were there, because he was having a hard time standing up and didn't look so good. We asked him if he needed to sit down, and he went on to tell us that he had just got home from the hospital and was by himself and wasn't doing so good. He said he couldn't figure out how to get his oxygen tank thing to work....I obviously didn't know what to do, but we both got the strong impression we needed to help him. After a few prayers...on my part, we got his oxygen tank running, and he started to feel and look better. He asked us why we came here and how we knew to come. Best question to ask a missionary! We told him that we were missionaries, explained what we do and shared our testimony with him. After we said a prayer with him, he broke down and just sobbed. He told us that we were an answer to his prayers. He invited us back, and said he wanted to come closer to God." - I copied this from Sister Roberts' email, I was too lazy to type it out. :) But it was an awesome experience, and since I was on time to our appointment that night (they usually expect us to be late), they were still eating. I was an instrument in the Lord's hands. 

We had stake conference on Sunday! It was focused on having our homes being a refuge for our families, so we can be out of the world. It was centered on families. God placed us in families to learn and grow. Go to: https://www.lds.org/topics/family-proclamation?lang=eng&cid=PA0414-02 to see more on the family and how God needs our families to be! :)

After stake conference, a member came up to us and told us that a lady that lives with her (nonmember and has taken the lessons a few times within the last 3 years) told her that she is ready to join the church. We later dropped by to introduce ourselves, and when I brought up baptism, her eyes lit up, and I could see the Spirit in her. God is so good. As we continue to take care of our current investigators, and serve with all of our heart, might, mind, and strength, He will bless us. I know that the Lord is so mindful of my situation, and He is aware of yours. He loves you. He sent His son to help us return to His presence. It is up to us and the choices we make, if we want to stay in His presence.

A new Easter video has come out! followhim.mormon.org 
I love the Savior! He is great.

Love, Sister Cozzens


Mt. Rubadoux Zone


Elder and Sister Puskas, the fleet coordinator and
office person (completed their mission)  :(





Sister Cozzens and Sister Turner, (a sweet reunion)




No comments:

Post a Comment