Tuesday, May 5, 2015

A Letter From a Missionary in California....

Hey there!

It is so hot, by the way. It has been in the 100's all week, and it's not even summer yet! I love my new companion, Sister Anderson! She and I get along really well! She is teaching me a little Portuguese! Just random words though. She was in the Provo MTC for 6 weeks, and her whole district didn't get any of their Visas.

I love study time in the mornings! I get grumpy, when I don't get my full time.... because I love to study from the scriptures! There is so much knowledge to be gained, by studying the scriptures. I also want to be ready, when someone asks me a question, so I can answer it.

We had exchanges this week! My Sister Training Leaders are Spanish speaking! Hermana Nelson came to Eastvale Friday, and I learned a lot from her! She is so hard working! I need to practice talking to people and navigating normal conversations to church conversations.... She also taught me how to drop people... to their faces. It is an important thing to learn!

We helped paint Yvonne's house this week! Her husband loves Nascar, so we painted the wall black and white, like a checkerboard.

I know that this church is true! Christ lives! Rely on  his Atonement and repent everyday! Prepare to meet God. He wants all of us to stand blameless at the judgment seat. Do not procrastinate the day of your repentance!

-Sister Cozzens



Katy with her companion, Sister Anderson, at their adult
session of Stake Conference. 5/2/2015

 

Katy with her MTC companion, Sister Roberts, who:
"Literally is so amazing! I am so glad I get to see her often.
 She is an awesome example and missionary!"



Sister Roberts with her companions

No comments:

Post a Comment