Sunday, May 31, 2015

Gone

May 26,2015

Hey y'all!

Sister Anderson is gone.... :( It was a sad day. She is going to do great in Brazil, though! Sister Roberts, my MTC companion, is my companion for the week, since transfers are next week! I am almost done with my 3rd transfer! It is going by way too fast! It makes me just want to work harder!

We are working on getting members to come help us teach, and helping them come to church! We are also working on finding new investigators and potentials to visit. We need to keep talking with everyone, teaching and also testifying to the people that we talk to!

Missions are hard! So hard! It is on the "hardest things in my life" list. But missions are learning experiences. When it gets hard, I guess even when it is easy, Heavenly Father wants us to work harder.

This can relate to normal person life too. Life is hard in general, but you gotta keep doing what you need to do. Reading, praying, going to church, taking the sacrament, keeping the commandments, and everything that is listed in the scriptures and given to us from our prophets. Rely on the atonement. The atonement is something that I have been understanding a lot more since being on a mission. We need it to become better.

When life is easy (hopefully it's not, that's boring), hopefully that means that you are doing all those things listed above. But don't stop doing those things. If you aren't seeing blessings from doing those things, keep doing them. Ether 12:6. "ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith." We are here on earth to prepare to meet God! We should not stop when we think that everything is great. There is no limit to how much knowledge, faith, repentance, strength, happiness, work, that we can do. Keep going!!! Rely on Jesus Christ's Atonement. It is not there just for our sins, it is for every little trial we go through.

Example: Our numbers haven't been matching up with our work efforts, and so we were talked to by our leaders. I know that we have been working hard, and I got a little prideful. I was saying that "it is annoying that they focus on the numbers." But the numbers are there for a reason. I read about humility in Preach My Gospel, and it was pointed out to me that I was being prideful. I need to work harder and keep working harder. My numbers may still not line up, but I know that I need to learn from this experience. It is hard to take everything on at once and focus on everything, but I know that I need to keep going. Again, Ether 12:6. Rely on the Atonement to become a better missionary.

Christ lives, and He loves us so much. I need His atonement. We all do. You can do it!!!!!

Love,
Sister Cozzens :)

 Our APs: My great leaders that help me work harder and
my adorable companion, Sister Anderson

 
 With my companion, Sister Anderson, and a rooster
given to us by the neighbors.

  
Sister Anderson, Sister Roberts with our STLs

 
We made a goal of one picture a day--we forgot
 until the last minute, before we went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment