Tuesday, January 12, 2016

EL NINO


January 11, 2016

Hi!

I wish that I could send all y'all videos, I'm not that tech savvy or anything. It rained really hard this week and it was great!!! I've been wearing my trench coat!! Thanks parents!





 
Elder Hamula of the seventy came and visited us! He is amazing, and I am grateful for the Lord's servants and the guidance that they give us. Go read his talk: "The Sacrament and the Atonement."

Also, the Lord continues to bless us! I know that it is because of my working consistently and diligently! Our key indicators have improved immensely! I am so grateful for the Lord and for His hand in my life, especially since I am on a mission! He is in charge of the work, and we need His help "to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man," and "to invite others to come unto Christ, by helping them receive the restored gospel, through faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement, repentance, baptism, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end." 

If you go to the Bible Dictionary, under prayer, it states: "The object of prayer is not to change the will of God but to secure for ourselves and for others blessings that God is already willing to grant but that are made conditional on our asking for them." We need to be patient, sincere, and specific while praying. Let the Spirit guide our prayers. "Prayer is a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." What a gift that prayer is. Our mission president told us that we need to: "Work like it depends on us, and pray like it depends on the Lord." 

I have seen His hand in my life. One of the investigators that we picked up last week, as we sat with her and discussed doctrines of the gospel, told us that it had been a long time since she had prayed. When she did pray and ask for help, Heavenly Father answered. We showed up at her door, and she was able to recognize the Lord's hand in her life and the love that He has for her. I am grateful to be a tool in our Father's hand to help answer His children's prayers. The only way that I was able to help her and the Lord is that I have been worthy and ready to follow the promptings of the Spirit. 1 Ne 17:13. <----- go to it. and find the promised land and secure the blessings for yourself and for others as you diligently keep the commandments. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints has God's authority to grant us blessings and saving ordinances. I am grateful to be a part of this wonderful church and to be able to share it with those that will receive me. 

Love, Sister Cozzens


The Biehn family from Sister Cozzens' first area


Sister Cozzens cannot resist cute animals!


No comments:

Post a Comment