Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

January 4, 2016

Good Morning!

I hope that you were all safe this last week! Stay warm! As for me, I will be trying to stay dry. El Nino is here folks, and we definitely need the rain!

The last few weeks have been tough, mostly because of the holidays and people get really busy and don't want to listen. It was hard to stay busy and to teach. Sister Garlitz and I found that our teaching skills have really suffered. We were starting to get discouraged and not very happy or excited to work, since we weren't seeing any of the fruits of our labors. On Tuesday last week, we were discussing how the work has slowed down a lot, and I began to realize that we were not completely complaining, but it was a form of it. That night I prayed for help. The next morning, during my personal study, I was studying about complaining, gratitude, faith, and all sorts of things to boost myself. The Spirit told me, as I was studying, that I needed to stop complaining, to not let myself get discouraged, and to not doubt God! I shared what I had learned with my companion, and she went and prayed. Later that day, we went to visit a potential investigator, and she let us in! We taught her The Restoration (though it was a little rough), and she accepted our invitation to be baptized! I know that the Lord blessed us immensely! 

Yesterday, our Relief Society President (who is amazing) told us to go visit a lady whose grandmother had passed away. We went to visit her last night, and she let us in right away, after we mentioned Sister Plocher's name (she is the RS President). By the way, she's Buddhist! We again were able to teach the Restoration and invite her to be baptized! 

The Lord blessed us. I know that it was because I humbled myself and turned to the Lord. I changed my attitude and decided to not doubt. Heavenly Father wants us to be happy! Never get discouraged!

Love, Sister Cozzens


Eating black frosting--"It is good"


44 degrees in Riverside


"We made our own pizzas for dinner"


No comments:

Post a Comment