Tuesday, June 28, 2016

#LYFEISGREAT

June 27, 2016

Hello there!
We had such a great week! We picked up 7 new investigators, and I know that it was because we were walking around the areas that we had planned to try people. The Lord will provide finding opportunities for us, as we seek for those opportunities. We also walked for 11.2 hours last week. Man, is my body tired. Ah. Haha, but the work is great! Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven! 

One of the investigators that we picked up, Devahn, is so cool. We walked over to him and said "hi" and right away, he pulled out two chairs, opened up the trunk to his car, and we began talking about the gospel. He has been wanting to find the truth. He told us yesterday that he is searching to find it. We were talking about The Family: A Proclamation to the World, and he looked up from reading it, and said, "but what if people don't want to have kids?" He has 3, but I began teaching him about how God needs his Spirit children to gain bodies, and he interrupted and said "Wait, spirit children, spirit bodies??" He looked so excited. Then, I said "Oh yeah! We share another message about where we were before this life, why we are here today, and where we will be going." He wanted to hear about it right then, but due to shortage of time, we had to go. But, the Spirit was so strong, and I know that that is something he needs to be taught. I'm so excited for Wednesday! He is also going to feed us. I also love this ward. We brought a great member with us, who is great at fellowshipping. Go out and help the missionaries!!

We found a few families this last week, the Lord is blessing us so much. Cathy's mom will be attending our church this upcoming Sunday, fast Sunday, and I think Cathy wants to bear her testimony!

I also had my outgoing/exit interview with my mission president. I love him. He is so great. I was so nervous before the interview. My stomach was so tight, and I was nervous, because that was my interview where we talk about dating and the future. Ah. I still don't know what to think about all of this. I'm going to need to rely on the Lord for this one. 

I've been reflecting on my mission lately. Do you ever reflect on your life and see the attributes (whether good or bad) that you've developed over the years? I know that I have changed, in a good way. I have turned towards my Savior, Jesus Christ and become His disciple. I know that I am not perfect, and I make plenty of mistakes, but I am so grateful for this gospel, for the sacrament and the Atonement, that we are able to apply it in our lives and become what the Lord needs us to become to be a greater instrument in His hands. So, I invite you to become! Turn to the Lord and ask what you need to work on, to further help Him in His work. The Lord loves you. He will enable you to do more than you are even capable of. It is amazing to see His hand in my life, and I am beyond grateful for that!

I hope you have a great week! 

Love,
Sister Cozzens


"It was 117 degrees last Monday, talk about HOT!"


Sister Cozzens' new companion, Sister Rodriguez


The missionaries went to the beach at Lake Elsinore
for p-day




"I promise I didn't put my feet in the water"


No comments:

Post a Comment